about facial feminization
Facial feminization surgery (FFS) performed at the Center for Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery in Atlanta, GA can be an important step in completing the male to female transition. A procedure like this under the skilled hands of our board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Fara Movagharnia, can help soften out sharp facial features, smooth out the contours of the face, and help present an overall more feminine, delicate appearance for a natural result. Some of the procedures incorporated in facial feminization at our practice include:
- Adam’s Apple Reduction (Tracheal Shave)
- Brow Lift
- Cheek Augmentation
- Chin Recontouring
- Forehead Recontouring (Hairline Correction)
- Jaw Contouring
- Lip Lift and Reshaping
"My name is Timothy Edwards and I really appreciate Dr. Movagharnia and his staff. He is the first doctor that really talked to me and explained the process of the surgery and all the events that would happened pre and post surgery. Also he is the first doctor in my four reconstructive surgeries to give me his personal number and call me to make sure that I am alright the night of the surgery. He is not a rock star but a simple man doing great and awesome works for people that come under his care. God bless you Sir and all your future endeavors and family's endeavors as well."- J.E. / Google / Jun 30, 2018
"Exceptional Skilled Surgeon - Dr. Fara is an amazing surgeon in the metro Atlanta área with the expertise and knowlededgle that you expect when searching for a qualified surgeon. Dr. Fara was very detailed in explaining the process of my procedure and continued to follow-up with me after the procedure to see how I was feeling and make sure I was following All the after care instructions. I highly recommend Dr.Fara when ..."- L. / RealSelf / May 20, 2018
"Best Decision - Dr. Fara was straightforward, professional, honest and comforting. He was very available afterwards for any questions. I would do it again with him without hesitation."- R. / RealSelf / May 08, 2018
"AN AMAZING EXPERIENCE WITH AMAZING RESULTS - This has been the BEST experience I've have with plastic surgery. Previously I've had a tummy tuck and liposuction of several areas. I ddi not get the results before that I have received with Dr. Fara. I had liposuction of my entire stomach, sides and back on 04/09/18 and I must say the results are REMARKABLE!!! Dr. Fara is very aggressive with liposuction and I look amazing! It has only..."- L. / RealSelf / Apr 24, 2018
"If I could give 6 stars I would!"- A. / Google / Apr 08, 2018
- Adam’s apple reduction: also known as a tracheal shave, our plastic surgeon carefully removes thyroid cartilage from the neck to reduce or eliminate the Adam’s apple
- Brow lift: a browplasty raises and/or reshapes the eyebrows so they are higher on the face and have a clear arched shape
- Cheek augmentation: the mid-face can be made fuller with implants or a fat transfer that increases the projection of the cheeks. A cheek reduction can improve cheeks that are too wide or strong.
- Chin recontouring: a genioplasty or mentoplasty reduces the width and height of the chin while rounding the shape
- Forehead recontouring/reduction: a feminine hairline tends to be lower, so a forehead reduction (also called a hairline lowering, scalp advancement, hairline correction, or forehead recontouring) moves the hairline to create a shorter forehead
- Jaw contouring: for a more feminine jawline, the jawbone is shaved to make the jaw narrower, shorter, and rounder
- Lip lift and reshaping: to adjust the size and proportion of the upper and lower lips to appear more feminine, the upper lip is reduced and moved higher while the fullness of the lower lip is increased with an implant or fat transfer
- Rhinoplasty: to make a more feminine nose, the length, width, and projection are reduced to best fit the proportions of the patient’s face
Facial feminization surgery can be performed under general or local anesthesia, depending on the procedures that are included in the patient’s plan. Our plastic surgeon will perform the chosen procedures at a fully accredited surgical facility using minimal incisions in less visible locations to improve the final result.
What to expect
You may be able to go home after your surgery or you may be kept for observation for 1 – 2 nights. Before you go home, Dr. Movagharnia will schedule a follow-up appointment and go over care and recovery instructions, including when you can return to work and exercise. To improve healing after facial surgery, you should hold ice packs to your face for a few minutes several times each day. You are encouraged to keep your head elevated as much as possible.
Plan Your Procedure
Smoother, Softer Features
Achieving softer, smoother facial features can often times be one of the most important steps in achieving a more overall feminine appearance. Male facial features tend to be sharper and more defined, contributing to a more masculine look. However, through facial feminization surgery at our Atlanta, GA office, we can help present you with the feminine look you're striving for. Call our office today to set up a consultation with Dr. Movagharnia so he can create your custom treatment plan.