about facial feminization
Facial feminization surgery (FFS) performed at the Center for Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery in Atlanta, GA can be an important step in completing the male to female transition. A procedure like this under the skilled hands of our board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Fara Movagharnia, can help soften out sharp facial features, smooth out the contours of the face, and help present an overall more feminine, delicate appearance for a natural result. Some of the procedures incorporated in facial feminization at our practice include:
- Adam’s Apple Reduction (Tracheal Shave)
- Brow Lift
- Cheek Augmentation
- Chin Recontouring
- Forehead Recontouring (Hairline Correction)
- Jaw Contouring
- Lip Lift and Reshaping
"Bbl redo lipo - Amazing work I love my new body thank you"- Anonymous / Vitals / Apr 17, 2019
"Dr. Movagharnia was wonderful, explain everything and answered all my questions. Made me feel very comfortable. Called to check on me after surgery.Everyone was so nice and friendly.Overall experience was Excellent!!!"- T.T. / Google / Jul 22, 2019
"I got BBL. Amazing doctor, very honest! He is a artist at sculpting the body. He gave me a dream body I’m so happy thank you!"- P.M. / Google / Apr 16, 2019
"Omg yessss bbl was a success small waist no more back fat nice heart butt natural looking curves I love"- P.M. / Google / Apr 16, 2019
"BBL, Redo Liposuction - Gave me a body of my dreams! I’m still swollen and healing. 3 weeks post op. I finally have curves. No more flabby back and my waist is omgeeee! I can’t wait to see how much more smaller it gets after all the swelling heels. Text me personally to check on me after surgery, very good bedside manner amazing doctor everywhere I go people stare at me I’m in love with myself my body and my resul..."- T. / RealSelf / Apr 16, 2019
- Adam’s apple reduction: also known as a tracheal shave, our plastic surgeon carefully removes thyroid cartilage from the neck to reduce or eliminate the Adam’s apple
- Brow lift: a browplasty raises and/or reshapes the eyebrows so they are higher on the face and have a clear arched shape
- Cheek augmentation: the mid-face can be made fuller with implants or a fat transfer that increases the projection of the cheeks. A cheek reduction can improve cheeks that are too wide or strong.
- Chin recontouring: a genioplasty or mentoplasty reduces the width and height of the chin while rounding the shape
- Forehead recontouring/reduction: a feminine hairline tends to be lower, so a forehead reduction (also called a hairline lowering, scalp advancement, hairline correction, or forehead recontouring) moves the hairline to create a shorter forehead
- Jaw contouring: for a more feminine jawline, the jawbone is shaved to make the jaw narrower, shorter, and rounder
- Lip lift and reshaping: to adjust the size and proportion of the upper and lower lips to appear more feminine, the upper lip is reduced and moved higher while the fullness of the lower lip is increased with an implant or fat transfer
- Rhinoplasty: to make a more feminine nose, the length, width, and projection are reduced to best fit the proportions of the patient’s face
Facial feminization surgery can be performed under general or local anesthesia, depending on the procedures that are included in the patient’s plan. Our plastic surgeon will perform the chosen procedures at a fully accredited surgical facility using minimal incisions in less visible locations to improve the final result.
What to expect
You may be able to go home after your surgery or you may be kept for observation for 1 – 2 nights. Before you go home, Dr. Movagharnia will schedule a follow-up appointment and go over care and recovery instructions, including when you can return to work and exercise. To improve healing after facial surgery, you should hold ice packs to your face for a few minutes several times each day. You are encouraged to keep your head elevated as much as possible.
Plan Your Procedure
Smoother, Softer Features
Achieving softer, smoother facial features can often times be one of the most important steps in achieving a more overall feminine appearance. Male facial features tend to be sharper and more defined, contributing to a more masculine look. However, through facial feminization surgery at our Atlanta, GA office, we can help present you with the feminine look you're striving for. Call our office today to set up a consultation with Dr. Movagharnia so he can create your custom treatment plan.